Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Want to be an AS teacher? Take the test!
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7p_2S...lJzbG53eUU

Teaching the AS means being able to use AS terms / accurate language to describe what happens as the body negotiates the environment.

Even if you are already a teacher or precandidate, this test is for you!

You can choose your own filter to describe this sequence through, but here are some suggestions.
(You can also choose your own language!)

Activity Spheres
Spinal mechanics 
Vectors
Supports
Muscular contractions
Under and over curves 
Acceleration 
Undulation, compensation (static/dynamic)

Post your answers here!
    Descriptive language for Ulla’s motion analysis video.

This is what I saw… I divided it into 5 events to simplify feedback and discussion...
Really long but good exercise, it took a careful observation of different frames to try and guess cause and effect… and after many cancellations and corrections here it is. I would love to get a more complete and correct drawing explanation of this sequence in the HMA symbol set, I managed to guess some of them according to what I guessed - I will try to attach an image.

All events happen in “sphere 4”

Event 1 (preparation for getting down...)

Full support on both soles of the feet.

Anatomical center (motoric mass) retroverts,
(or another option could be that shoulder-blades (motoric mass) initiating with a downward vector on vertical axis (and/or clavicles initiating with a retroversion)

This seems to entail an elastic reaction including the following implicit movements:
Flexion of the cervical spine
Adduction of both shoulder (gleno-humeral) joints
Extension of both hips
Flexion of both knees and both ankles
Shift of support to the balls of the feet

Event 2 (preparation for getting down continued…)

Anatomical center (motoric mass) spins clockwise around vertical axis,

This seems to entail an elastic reaction including
Slight flexion of both hip joints
Slight lateral Osculation of the spine to the left+extension and then compensating to the right+flexion
Extension + adduction of the right shoulder joint (gleno-humeral) while the right knee extends
Additional adduction of the left shoulder joint (gleno-humeral) while the left knee flexes more
Adduction and flexion of the right hip joint
Abduction and flexion of the left hip joint

Event 3 (spinning, getting down)

The thorax (motoric mass) initiates inclination of the spine in sagittal axis (anteriorly), entailing more flexion of both hip joints, and then leads the the whole body in a counterclockwise spin on transverse plane, while the right foot alone stays in support and both legs (hips/knees and ankles) bend.

This seems to entail an elastic reaction including:
Abduction and extension of the left shoulder joitn (gleno-humeral)
Adduction and flexion of the right shouldr joint (gleno-humerla)
Counter-clock rotation of the whole body while the right knee flexes more; and then both knees, hip joints and ankle joints flex (or release) more; accelerating the whole body while pivoting on the support of the right foot.
The arms (motoric masses) are

i) the left arm is creating angular momentum starting in the horizontal axis (to the left) in direction 6 (of the lateral sagittal plane);
ii) the right arm is creating angular momentum starting in the horizontal axis (to the right) in direction 12 (of the median sagittal plane).

The left hand lands lands as a support while spinal osculation is not so visible but present towards the left, and the left ball of the foot lands a support.

Event 4 (getting down continued…)

The axial body (motoric masses) rotates counter-clockwise on its transverse plane entailing an extension of the right hip joint,

while the right arm (motoric mass) moves on sagittal plane entailing an adduction and flexion of the right shoulder joint (gleno-humeral).

The right hand lands as a support

Then the right ball of the foot comes in support

Event 5 (starting to get up)

The pelvis (motoric mass) initiates a spiral up starting on the sagittal axis (posteriorly) towards “3” on the frontal plane (spiralling up with very little spinal osculation visible on the stick figure but surely present towards the right). This entails:
The right ball of the foot comes as a support
The left foot goes off support
The left hand goes off support

Then the left arm (motric mass) spins clockwise on the sagittal plane while the left foot comes back as a support. This entails:

Extension and circumduction of the left shoulder joint (gleno-humeral) on sagittal plane

Symbols make it all much more compact and enigmatic !
well done Emanuela. I will get back to you on your interpretations soon.

warmly

Frey