Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hanging mechanics
Ive been asked to teach a workshop for acrobats on healthy shoulder mechanics. Feel fairly confident in  demonstrating the relationship between humerus and glenoid and the importance of thoracic compensation to accomodate supportive alignment here.
I have never worked with a group of specifically acrobats before (mostly aerial) and wonder if anyone has any tips on approaches, or suggestions about challenges I might come across

Thanks
Zoe
Kevin, Sara Parisi, Elsa or Jerome would be the logical resources for you...

Frey
(03-06-2018, 04:55 PM)Zoesolomons Wrote: Ive been asked to teach a workshop for acrobats on healthy shoulder mechanics. Feel fairly confident in  demonstrating the relationship between humerus and glenoid and the importance of thoracic compensation to accomodate supportive alignment here.
I have never worked with a group of specifically acrobats before (mostly aerial) and wonder if anyone has any tips on approaches, or suggestions about challenges I might come across

Thanks
Zoe

Hey Zoe do you have a good link that elucidates on thoracic compensation?
(03-06-2018, 04:55 PM)Zoesolomons Wrote: Ive been asked to teach a workshop for acrobats on healthy shoulder mechanics. Feel fairly confident in  demonstrating the relationship between humerus and glenoid and the importance of thoracic compensation to accomodate supportive alignment here.

Thanks
Zoe

I would look at scapular mobility and coordination with relationship to gravity and weight.  Also how does the neck and head allow for clavicular rotation? I think that with Ariel there can be so much demand for stability that shortcut habits can often take hold.  I find that locating the areas where movement is less conscious, or able to be chosen, and then calling for coordination through movement patterns, can be very effective for balancing mobility and tone.
warmly,
Nuria