Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Notes from a Teachers Lab Barcelona 2019
* this T Lab was open to any participant interested. Not only teachers and teacher candidates of the AS 

Teachers Lab Barcelona. 

Notes of Ayelet
*I did not log in all that was happening. Just taking some notes. Please add if you have any. 
* I took notes only of the first 2 days. 

Day 1. 

Feedback from Lab class

• Inviting the students to our home, our imaginary world. Story telling. 

• Ether using AS specific terminology- but explaining it. Or avoiding the AS specific terminology and inviting people to explore the zone we work on/ phenomena… I.e if working on the Anatomical Centre. 

• Referring to the context in which the lab class is taking space. Other classes of colleges, structure of event etc. 

• Carrying the topic/focuses of the class to the Fraze, so that the fraze becomes a context to explorer that principle. 

• When relating to reproductive organs- being carful around exclusion 

• Knowing in advance what are the tricky moments in the fraze, and how to unfold/ explain them.

• how do movement habits inform the movement, process of the organs. 

LAB 

What are we gathered here to explorer: 

• practicing transmission and pedagogy around the AS by offering short investigations. 

• Playing with different lengths of practices where the main question is how to transmit the AS and adapt it to a changing context, situation, person etc… 

• adaptability in transmission. 

• A proposition to talk about Pain Science. The relationship between sensation, fascia, movement habits. 

• How to look at/teach the same topic in different ways (in the context of regular classes and long lasting teaching periods) 

• assessment of when and how to approach a topic/student. 

• The assessment/proposition is not prescriptive but responsive/suggestive. 

• How to keep it fun for us as teachers as well as for the participants. And how to manage high risk situations? And the fact of not being able to satisfy all…? 
Manuela, presentation of the HMA

• Was learning through imitation primarily. Realizing what can be gained through imitation, together with realizing the lack of ability to explain what one is doing. 

• inquiring into why can and can’t I do things I see. 

• Thinking about language, learning and teaching languages: tow strategies to learn- totally merging (like going to a placebo learn the language)- works pretty well for most of the time, getting things you need. But when it comes to making a point… engaging in a deeper conversation-  you feel incapable. 

• The other way of learning a language is by making a mind map. A structure. How to put the words together so that they can really make sense. 

• Translating that into movement language. 

• Utilizing the HMA as a way to understand grammar and singex of movement. 

• Presenting what is the HMA - created by Frey using a symbol set for body parts and the events that link and connect those body parts. 

• Looking at the HMA symbol sheet. 

• Exploring the symbols of directionality. Mainly curves and spirals.

• Exploration: each one gets a map of the body and chooses a body part and an aspect of it. The event note. Then using arrows; vector arrows, ( elevation, depletion, left, right, forward, backward). Spin arrows; spinning around an Axis. (Horizontal, Sagittal, vertical)- roll of right hand thumb. Curved arrows/ orbit arrows. 

• We are looking at a phrase and learning it only by imitation and then choosing a body part and using the HMA to Annalise it. Using words in places we don’t know how to utilize the symbol set. 
Impressions: 

• timing of the day to interact with this material. When to use which teaching tactics to serve different learning needs, pathways. 

• helpful in understanding what is moving in relationship to what (for example when students see a big arm gesture in the space…) 

• dialoging and analyzing rather then archiving. 

• Doing different notation rounds/ sketches of the same motive. With fresh eyes. 

• How detailed do you go? What is the most important to notate?…

• Helps to understand all the implicit functionalities of s movement. A good tool for studying Biomechanics and Anatomy. The practice of understanding what is relevant. 

• In can serve as an entrance door. Like a motive that is fractalized. 

• How much of a challenge is encouraging/ disencouraging?… 

• The passion with which a topic is thought affects how it’s received.

• How to get indications if people are overwhelmed or not… for instance in a moment of asking if anyone has questions and nobody answers…. 

• Making choices of what we need as students. 

Day 2 

Lab class Feedback

Self assesment;  

• Negotiating information and sensation.  Experiential information and theoretical information. 

• The usage or utilization of terms, tools that probably not everybody knows, understands. 
Feed back; 

• reacting and adapting to moments that ask for attention, call for in depth look while keeping the energetically arc. 

• Clear explanations by themselves. A recommendation to have in mind a general ambreala to which all the different moments can fall into. 

• Saving time and words by creating an overall focus. 

• keeping a narrower base. 

• What are you looking to enhance through the class. 

• What role does each exercise play in the overall objective of the class?… 

• Refining the information and then returning to the same exercise to try it in the context. 

• How to place yourself and the group when working with an anatomical program. 

• What do we put in the center and what in the periphery. 

• Ether to limit the possibilities of the exploration or to accept that there would be many unexpected outcomes. 

• Specifying tone, tension, etc,,, 

• Asking oneself what I can do well and what I can i less do well. As a way to build on…. Develop
What is the difference between an axis syllabus class, and a class using/utilizing the axis syllabus to learn something (style, choreography, a specific practice, skill) ? 

T-lab 

• using one phrase that the whole group learned. dividing into little groups, each group chooses a lens/map from the AS and analyses this phrase through that lens/map/filter. I.e a motion center, landing pads, motoric masses, spheres of activity etc. 
Presentation Mina 

• a mini class about ‘reaction force’ .  looking at walking and running. The gate that encapsulated Or conceives the seed for all principals of human motion. 

• Ground reaction

• Referring to the developmental movement (mentioning BMC) how process, function informs form. 

• clarifying ground reaction, gravity, fall, propulsion, Neuton laws. 

• The phenomena of lack of propulsion in gate patterns